Mountain Wildflower

Description:

I don’t know what flower this is. I went up to our mountains after some nice rains and assumed I’d find an abundance of wild flowers and I was not disappointed.

This is a single exposure using off camera flash. The ambient exposure was at -1.7 and the flash was at -.3. That helped me solve a brighter background issue.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites) No

Olympus EM1-III
60mm f/2.8 Macro
1/1250, f/2.8, ISO 200
High Speed Sync, Godox TT350 triggered by Godox XPro transmitter.
Tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Such lush colors here…that fill flash was a nice touch and well handled. I have ZERO experience with flash, but am considering giving it a go.

The water droplets add to the richness and interest. The transition from green to gold in the background is a really nice counterpoint. Smoothly OOF. Great job.

1 Like

This looks like a species of Salvia. Fill flash added a little sparkle and kept the background within a reasonable level. Well done…Jim

1 Like

Perfect, Keith. The colors, the lighting, I love everything about this image. So glad you found an abundance of wildflowers.

1 Like

Really nice Keith. The water drops are wonderful. And I love the OOF look of the background, it’s so well controlled and presented. The purple against the green is just so compelling.

Keith
Lovely pic of these wild flowers. They really stand out against that background. Im wondering if they are Penstemon. Sure looks like some I found here earlier in the summer.

I expect it is Pentstemon spp

1 Like

Penstemon strictus makes more sense…Jim