Mushroom and Snail

I wan’t sure if this was a flower or a critter! I liked the texture and color of the tree, mushroom and snail, in fact I almost missed seeing the snail. Thanks as always.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn) The photo was cropped - 5:4 to remove some of the background trees on the left side. Nikon D3500, F/8. 1/100s, Aperature priority (still working on Manual!), Spot metering.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

eagan06078

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Mike: The bark texture is indeed nice but lost somewhat in the shadows. The snail is tough to see and blends in. I simply brought up the shadow values in PS and tamed down some of the brighter bokeh spots to get here. . Also, when preparing your images for post please resize them to about 1500 pixels on the longest side. The full resolution images take up a lot of server space and make your images easier to pirate if someone was so inclined. >=))>

Thanks Bill for the edits.