Mushroom or the Moon?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I saw this photo idea and said this looks like the Moon. So i shot the photo and edited some and really tried to capture that spacey vibe.

Specific Feedback

This is an unusual photo …I really tried to capture everything around the crater looking thing. So i shot it off center where the eyes scan left to right questioning what is this…

It could be cropped many different ways. I just chose this one… Fun Shot

Technical Details

ISO 400… Shutter 80 f 16 or 18 vibrance filter used. contrast filter… cropped to show the terrain effect.

1 Like

It is a little moon crater-y. I have shot nibbled mushrooms for their quirkiness, but a lot of folks only go for the perfect one. This shows the gills down there quite well. In the small view it looks better, but in large I can’t find the focus point. Hm.

I don’t really think focus point. The whole shot was to feel like searching for a place to land.

Thanks for showing interest. Hope this photo brought a smile or laugh to you. It kinda makes me have a chuckle.

:earth_americas::pray::camera_flash::camera_flash::earth_americas::earth_americas:

Hi Gill, I agree with the spacey vibe for your image. Really cool interpretation! Moon crater is what I thought of when I frost looked at the image. The ambiguity of subject prompted further exploration. I love that about abstract images like this fine example.

Gill, that’s pretty much how I reacted! I’ve never done much macro and pretty sure I’ve never photographed a mushroom, so I was pretty much in the dark (ha ha) on this one. And without your description, I think the moon’s surface is a pretty darn accurate description and impression!

I think a good idea going with the b&w as well.

I’m wishing the bottom of the crater was a little sharper, but that’s pretty minor. Otherwise, processing, contrast, etc. all look good.

Good eye to catch this and decide to photograph!

Lon

Another nice one, Gill. It does look like the moon with a big crater. I also like the B&W. Yes, it’s a fun shot. Good catch.

Thanks. I see as astronauts looking for a place to land. And yes. Just a fun shot. Photography to bring a smile to my face. And hopefully others :earth_americas::camera_flash::pray::camera_flash:

Thanks again for showing interest.

Thats great Gill! I thought at first it was a drone shot and I was trying to figure it out what it was of.