Nana's Relish Dish with Poppy

Still life with my grandmother’s relish dish. Amazing the stuff you can find around the house on a rainy day!
D850, 60 mm, f18, ISO 100, 6 seconds, light painted, tripod, cable release. Utilized several swipes through Topaz to selectively work on flower, made two copies of the image and individually processed them and then combined in PS with layers.!

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wow, Kathy, this is really a neat image. Love how the lighting on the dish supports the flower. The black background makes this pop.

1 Like

A big and excellent work Kathy. I love specially the colored reflections on the dish.

1 Like

Beautiful Kathy! I agree with Shirley and Gigi about the colors, lighting and reflected colors. I really like the poppies (?) etched in the bottom of the relish dish below the poppy bloom. You did a masterful job controlling the reflected highlights/hotspots in the relish dish. I always have trouble with that. Well done!

1 Like

Absolutely lovely Kathy. The colors, reflections, detail and your amazing creativity. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Beautiful. Reminds me of looking through a kaleidoscope.

2 Likes

Great composition. The colors work beautifully together and the black background sets it off.
Don

1 Like

I love the way the colors of the poppy are picked up in the glass, Kathy. A very creative and beautiful image.

1 Like

Interesting thought process in putting these two vastly different items together. Soft surface/hard; reflective/matte; old/new; color/non-color… and it works! Great lighting and presentation as well.