Nature doing her thing

1/1250,f9.0,160iso 90mm Nikon

What technical feedback would you like if any? Would love general feedback including composition and artistic presentation.

Image was cropped slightly.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Barbara, this is a fine look at this wasp (not sure of it’s official name, so maybe someone else can ID him). The bright yellow flower with the black wasp certainly is a great contrast. You have a fine out of focus background to make both the flower and the wasp stand out nicely. You mentioned a slight crop, so I’m wondering if you have any extra real estate to the right. I always like to give room to the critter to “move” in an image. Nice details and handling the bright colors and the blacks.

Barbara,

This is a fine look at the beautiful wasp. The larger version shows all the gold and silver dust strewn on the wasp…beautiful one
Balan Vinod

Hi,

A thread waist wasp caught in the act of pollination. I would tweak up the shadows a small amount to pull out some of those details in the shadows. Other than that–Well done…,Jim

I’ll try messing with the shadows. Thank you so much for your feedback.

1 Like

Barbara, this is an outstanding look at this wasp in action. It’s iridescence shows very well here and it stand out from the yellows and greens of the rest of the image. The yellows and greens work very well together.

Thank you Mark!! I was pretty happy with the shot!

Barbara: While I’m no fan of wasps I do have to concede that this is a marvelous image. Really good comp and DOF management especially. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Beautiful image of the wasp. shiny iridescence on the wasp is a plus. Nice background and a nice contrast with the yellow flower.

Thank you Bill for your comments. I am very pleased with this shot.

Thank you Ravi for your comments. I think this turned out well.