Nature's Stone Eyes are Watching You

Does nature oversee our lives; act as judge, or just lay stone still over us? This is a detail landscape from Remarkable Rocks on Kangaroo Island in Australia. There are many anthropomorphic visions among the rocks.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

Nikon D500, Tokina 24-70mm lens f2.8, shot at 32mm, f13, ISO 640

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Lovely image, Larry. I enjoy the texture and the splashes of orange. Your processing looks spot-on. No nits or suggestions from me.

Thanks, Bill. I also converted this to B&W, but I prefer the color version. I appreciate your feedback.

Nice texture and detail Larry.

Thanks, Eva. What can one do or say with an old stone face (the image)? Thanks for your response.

This is hilarious Larry. I love it. The “face” has so much expression it and the detail in the rock is fantastic. Truly nice capture.

This is too funny, Larry. Nicely presented.

Quite an amazing find Larry. That face is in desperate need of a nose job, but I’m not sure Photoshop has a plastic surgery tool :grin:

I really like your processing of the soft light here, you have just enough shadow to give definition to the features of the face.

@linda_mellor, @Shirley_Freeman, @Ed_McGuirk, thanks so much for your comments. If a little whimsy in these difficult virus times elicits a few smiles, I am happy. Thanks for your views and comments.

It was funny reading the comments. I see Animal Farm in this image.

Too dang fun to look at. Mister piggy for me. What a caricature. Processing look good to me. Great catch. Looks like a fun place to shoot!

Thanks for your comment @Igor_Doncov. Nice for people to see so many things in one image. George Orwell would be pleased.

Thanks for your take on this stone face. Yes, shooting at Remarkable Rocks was more than remarkable.