NENP Meetup

We are trying to get an accurate head count for this meetup. If you have not contacted me previously, would those who are still interested in joining us please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

I am late to this thread, Patricia. I will be there with my brother, Ed.

thanks for replying. Look forward to meeting you both.

I’m still hoping to go, though there is a lot going on right about then.

Hope to see you there. Let me know as soon as you can.

The NENP meetup is nearly here. When you arrive in the area, please call me at (203) 375-4600 or leave a message at the desk of the Best Western in Franconia Notch. Hope the weather cooperates and we have the opportunity to get some great shots.

Thanks. Pat

Ed suggests a few things to bring.

"A few things :

Bring bug spray, it’s now prime season for black flies and ticks. The lupine fields are loaded with ticks, plan accordingly. I spray my clothes with permethrin and that works well.

The lupine fields are very dewy in the morning, so wear rain pants and waterproof boots. I use a pair of Muck Boots, which allows me to avoid getting my hiking boots soaked.

Have some type of rain cover for your camera, plastic bags can work in a pinch."

In case someone is coming who hasn’t called me, we are meeting at the Best Western lobby at noon on Thursday. Thanks.

Pat

Thanks to those who ventured out to New Hampshire. It was a pleasure meeting you and your valued input is greatly appreciated. Pictures to follow.

Pat

From left to right
 Michael Lowe, Ed Lowe, Ed McGuirk. I’m behind the camera!

2 Likes

Patricia, thank you for organizing this event, and it was a pleasure meeting you. It’s too bad you had car problems and had to leave early, the sunrise on Saturday morning was pretty special. Between all the rain, the cold temps, and late lupines this was a difficult year to shoot at Sugar Hill, but I came away with some images I’m pretty pleased with.

I have a lot of processing ahead of me, but I will post a few of my images in this thread in a few days. I went straight from shooting lupines in New Hampshire to spending the past 3 days shooting mountain laurel here in Massachusetts, so I haven’t had time to catch up on my processing yet :grinning:

BTW, the mountain laurel around the Quabbin Reservoir are having a banner year right now. All the rain this spring must have led to a great bloom.

Do I see a tooth filled mouth Ed? :smile: Looks like you all had a great time!

Sadly this is just taken from the wrong angle, my missing hockey tooth still needs another month before the implant can be done :cry:

I just went back to the meet up thread Patricia started. Saw the first post but none of the rest of the tread. @David_Kingham - Is there a way to set up membership in specific meet up groups like NENP to get notification of meet up discussions? Some how I missed your RSVP (maybe I just spaced it). I am in southern NH.

Ahh sorry, you’re getting so close!

Hmm, when you replied to this topic you should have been subscribed to it automatically, to check look at the bottom of this topic and see if notifications are turned on. There should be a button that says ‘Watching’

Hi David - At the bottom of the email it says to to unsubscribe click here. I have not received emails after my initial response so not sure what is going on.

Thanks for your quick response.

Eva

You have to be looking at the post on the site, not in your email

1 Like