New Features and some changes

Hi all,

We continue to work on make the site more user-friendly and you may have noticed a few small changes.

1. One of the biggest issues new users have is adding an image to their first post. After analyzing this we realized there were a couple of problems; the image upload button was tiny and very easy to miss, so we made it much larger with text and a bold background so you can’t miss it:

Also, the button to create the topic was a bit misleading being labeled ‘Add Image or Post’, so we renamed it to ‘Create Topic’ to avoid this confusion.

1. We removed the ‘Who’s Online’ feature. It seemed like a neat feature, but we realized this isn’t a chat platform and it’s not important to know when someone is online. In fact, it caused some people to stress to know they were visible online and they felt obligated to post something when sometimes they just want to browse.
  2. We removed the chat feature that was in the top menu bar next to the search button. This caused some confusion because it was based upon the personal message feature, it wasn’t an actual separate chat, just a different view of PM’s. Chat is not what this platform is meant for so we want to further focus on core features.

Please let us know if you see any issues, or if you have ideas on how to make the site better!

1 Like

Looks like some good changes, David. Thank you for ever evolving this wonderful site!

1 Like

I like all three changes. Good moves.

1 Like

Good moves, in my opinion, @David_Kingham. :+1:
–P

1 Like

David, thanks for the continual improvements and especially your efforts. From experience, I know that website management and improvement takes major time and commitment.

1 Like