New to NPN, really glad to be here

Really glad to be here, had a very dark 2022 and have just started to come out of my cave. After an extended break from photography and social media I returned to see that places like Instagram and Twitter were derelict of decent conversation with fellow photographers - everyone seemed to have left. I joined Vero which was nice but has just started to feel like Instagram lite. So I’m looking for a place to feel connected again. This feels like a good one. James.

7 Likes

Welcome James! I really like this image and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like

Welcome! This is a good place to connect and to get feedback. I love your image. Nice lines and textures. Lovely colors. Almost has an abstract, minimalist look.

1 Like

Hello James, and welcome to the NPN photo community… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello James, welcome to NPN. It is indeed a great place to connect. This is an awesome image. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and contributions.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Welcome, James! This is a beautiful, haunting scene. I love the varied dark and light bands.

1 Like

Hi James! Welcome to NPN! This is a great community and a good place get and give honest feedback. I really like your photo and can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, James. You will find this community very welcoming and informative.

1 Like

Welcome, James! This is a great place for receiving and giving feedback on images. Your first posting is great with all of its layers and subtle colors. Looking forward to see more of your images.

1 Like

Welcome to NPN James! It’s great to have you here. And as others have said, a wonderful community of nature photographers and a great place to meet some new and perhaps needed photo friends. And for sure a great place to not only get great feedback and suggestions - but also to contribute and give great feedback and help others!

Looking forward to your contributions. And oh BTW - gorgeous image!

Lon

1 Like

You have definitely found the right place, if you are looking for something more meaningful than usual social media networks. Glad to have you on here and I look forward to seeing what you all post!

1 Like

Welcome, James. This is, indeed, a great venue to get quality feedback and critique…not just “likes.” I love your image - the colors, layers, lines, and textures are very appealing.

1 Like

What a wonderful introduction to your work, James. I love the bands of color, the “etched” effect of the grasses or reeds and their reflections in the water, and the overall sense of calm the image projects. The fog, the cool colors: the whole thing makes me want to grab a jacket and watch the light.

This is the best place I’ve found for regular, active, thoughtful conversation and critique. It improved my work immensely, and it continues to do so.

ML

1 Like

Welcome James! It’s so great to see you join. What I love about this community is the fact that everyone just wants to help each other grow. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

1 Like

Great image! Contrasting colors, silhouettes, layers. Looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like