Nigella - "Love in the Mist"

Took this last summer - finally had time to work with it. The top was as shown, but I had to do some work on the bottom. Some texturing applied as well. Nikon D850, 105 mm at f5, 100 ISO, 1/125 sec, handheld while laying on the ground so I could get that gold color in the BG.

Any comments fair game.

Cheers!!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Sweet! The POV, golden oof bg, and the soft focus on the flower add up to a winner.

The background really shows off the flower. Well done!

I like everything about your image. Job well done and thanks for sharing.

Very nice, Kathy. The background really does make this flower pop. Great job. :+1: :+1:

Hi Kathy,

No nits from me. This is awesome! The center of the flower is nice and sharp and the softeness of the petal tips suits the scene extremely well. I like this one as presented…Jim

Kathy: Oh this is fine! I love your POV and your DOF/POF choice is wonderful. Just a superbly crafted image. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Wonderful presentation throughout from colors, composition, sharpness and textures. Love it!

That’s just lovely. I really like your choice of focus area, to accentuate the spiny bits.

1 Like

Kathy,

Oh my, what a gorgeous beauty! Nothing else to say or critique other than this is a joy to view.

Lon

1 Like

Sheer perfection Kathy. Very painterly! JT