Northern Flicker

A male Northern Flickr visits my garden fence on a rainy day.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: Iso-1600, 100-400+1.4 extender at 516 mm equivalent, F8, 320th, A7R3, handheld, 65% of full frame

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is a lovely portrait, but your choice of shutter speeds to stretch the raindrops carries it a step higher. Faster to freeze them would have produced unsightly blobs, while slower with longer streaks would have been distracting. One of my favorite birds, that its, until one decides to pound on the tin roof of our Rocky Mountain cabin early, early in the AM! :smiley:

David,

I love the bird, but I am not a fan of the perch. But we take what we get some time. I agree with Hank that the rain drops bring it up a notch!

A beautiful close-up with excellent color and detail. This is a new camera for you? How do you like it? Did you have to do much NR in post-processing?

Great rain streaks and wonderful detail in the flicker, David.

Such a gorgeous bird, David. The beautiful background and rain add to the attraction of this photo.
Grt, Ingrid.