Ocean's Bouquet

Bill,
If you do not feel this qualifies as flora feel free to move it as you see fit. I am not sure if you would call this seaweed, kelp or something else. I found this lovely specimen all laid out on Sand Beach in Acadia NP, as if on display waiting for someone to photograph it. I thought I would oblige and this is the end result.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D700, Nikon 80-200 @ 80 mm, f 18 @ 1/15 sec, ISO 200, MLU, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Definitely a flora image in my book Ed, and a quite nice one too. I may be stretching this a bit here, but the shape of the seaweed almost gives the appearance of a flower. There is an elegant simplicity to this image. The clean sand “background” allows us to appreciate the shape and form of the seaweed. Processing looks spot on to me. My only suggestion might be to add a slightly strong vignette to the corners, but that is getting very picky.

I like this quite a bit, Ed. A very simple and very effective scene. I like it as posted, no suggestions here.

Ed: “If it grows, it goes” is my guideline for Flora so this works. Love the simplicity and single plane of focus that makes it look like a drawing. Nice find and a fine comp and capture. :+1::+1:>=))>

Great eye to see this little intimate shot, Ed. Perfect composition IMHO.
:vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute::vulcan_salute: