On a lighter note . .

. . . from all of the gorgeous cacti that have been posted already for this week’s challenge, I thought I would post this image I took after having spent the morning pruning and cleaning up and around a cacti we have in our yard. After having finished I looked over at the pile of clippings and saw this unique formation. . . .what’s not to love?

ACR: used linear profile with auto adj and cloned out dead petal, in PS: gaussian blur & dehaze on background, spotlight & soft pop on cacti with slight vignette.

Nikon D7200, F10, 1/400sec., iso 320 @105mm with polarizer filter.
All thoughts and comments are welcome. Thanks.

2 Likes

I was thinking it was a prickly set of Mickey Mouse ears. Fun one.

1 Like

Thanks Harley. Never thought of Micky Mouse ears, certainly old enough to remember The Micky Mouse Club. First thing I saw was a heart. Perfect example of how everyone see things differently. I love that.

Linda, my thought was exactly the same as Harley’s…Mouseketeer Ears… :cowboy_hat_face:

Linda, count me in with the Mickey Mouse ears club…kind of spikey, but very Mouseketeerish. Now if you just push the cut end into the ground, it will expand your collection…probably not your first choice.

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver. You’re absolutely right about these prickly pear cacti, they are so prolific I don’t even have push them into the ground for them to grow. And, yes, that would definitely not be my first choice :crazy_face: