One Fine and One Finer

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 200mm f4 Micro (2.5 sec at f22, ISO 100) 4 image stack (PMax), Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast. After working in the garden today, I was hoping to get a shot of some narcissus. Gusty winds made it impossible to get a reasonable photo, so I brought them into the house. One flower is beginning to reach its end while the other is still in prime condition. I lit this one with 2 flashes and went for a high key photo. I remember a comment that Phil Hodgkins sent me about an editor’s pick. The flower image consisted of 3 yellow Ratbida flowers shot with a green background. I also posted a high key version with the post. Phil stated with blunt precision that the EP was for the high key version. So based on Phil’s critique, whenever I see yellow flowers, I’ll always try to get a high key version. Enjoy…Jim

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Jim: Necessity is the mother of invention so if the wind blows there is always plan B. Marvelous portrait and a classic comp. Well done. >=))>

1 Like

High key it certainly is Jim and very well done too. Makes me want to consider changing my usual black background when inside. The arrangement is very nice, from lower right to upper left, and each flower has a nice spacing. Can’t tell which is the older…they’re both in fine shape, but the top one is definitely more orange, which adds to the interest. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Nicely done, Jim. Both flowers look pretty good to me, and I like the way they lean across the frame. High key seems to suit these flowers.

Jim, this is a very nice image. The high key really does make the yellow pop. The positioning of the blooms works nicely as well.

1 Like

Beautifully done, Jim. The high-key background does go well with yellow flowers. I like the way you arranged and framed them.

1 Like