Osprey/Fish

I got a nice show the other morning of a male Osprey landing with some breakfast for the mama in the nest.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held, 1/3200th, f 8.0, 410mm, ISO 560, cropped to 3083 x 2565, AI Clear

1 Like

Very nice catch for both of you! I love the dynamic pose, well-frozen by the shutter speed. Nice detail int he whites. For my taste, I’d lower saturation on the sky a bit. I downloaded it to have a look at the values and see you have embedded ProPhoto RGB. That will cause some browers to display the colors incorrectly, although mine “should” (at least used to be…) be set to avoid that.

Hey, thanks so much for your input, Diane. I don’t have a clue aboutProPhoto RGB in Photoshop. All I know to do is to have “RGB Color” selected in Image/Mode which is what I always have selected unless I am going to print something, then I go to CMYK Color, or go to Grayscale if I’m after B&W. What say you?

Hi Dave, nice catch with the fish and good sharpness. Agree with Diane on the background color and I think running noise reduction on the BG would help as well.

Hi Dave
Nice action and detail on this Osprey. I agree with Diane on the saturation, I had some problem using ICC Profile Adobe RGB and then switch to sRGB and the saturation problems went away. Nice photo.
Peter

Thanks for the reply, Peter. I don’t see any offer in Photoshop to set it to sRGB. Help!