Osprey with fish

Ospreys were seen on the swamp tour I took last weekend. Here is one carrying a fish - I believe that is a drum.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 90D, Sigma 150-600 C
ISO 400, f6.3, 1/2000s

@allensparks.wildlife

An Osprey with a WHOLE fish!! You get extra points! Lovely composition, pose and sharpness, very nice tonalities and a great sky!

A picture like this is on my bucket list. Congrats on capturing this great action shot. Unfortunately there are no osprey in the area I now live.

Very nicely done, Allen. These shots don’t come along every day, and you nailed it. And yes, I believe that’s a drum.

Excellent flight shot of the Osprey, Allen. The angle of the fish works perfectly in this frame. Very well done.

Super shot. Detail, color, comp all well done. Clouds in background add interest. Wish I could get this close.

Super catch, Allen…both by the osprey and of course by you with this very fine photo… :+1:

Your capture and composition is amazing - maybe a once in a lifetime “catch.” Perfect in every way.

Excellent in-flight capture, Allen! Very good job with the exposure. Ospreys are like the Bald Eagles in my area. The high contrast between white and black feathers can make for difficult exposures. You have good detail in both the sunlit white and shadowed dark feathers. The blue & white background really sets off the bird and the fish also. It’s a beautiful photo! The only suggestion I would have is to sharpen the large version just a bit more. This site seems to automatically sharpen the smaller version so it looks great but the large version is a little soft.

What a shot, Allen. I love the wing position as well as the fish. :+1: :+1: