Otter Love #7

Another favorite wildlife photo from 2020. This is a re-post from the Wildlife Critique Gallery.

I was at the Hatchery trying for some decent photos of Sea Lions when a couple Sea Otters showed up. I got a number of individual shots and then all of a sudden they both came together and started making out right in front of me! This is just one shot that I picked out of a series of 10 that I posted in the Avian Showcase.

Here is the link to the full series:
Otter Love

Sony a6500, FE70200GM @ 198 mm, ISO-200, f/2.8, 1/2500, hand held.

1 Like

Too cute, Gary! Wonderful image with great details, and the behavior really makes this one over the top. :+1: :+1:

This one wins the annual “Awwwwwww” award! An outstanding behavioral shot, Gary, where the wave action adds a lot to the viewing.

I agree with @Mark_Seaver and @Shirley_Freeman . . . .such an “Awwww” moment as well as so sweet. Love the detail in both Sea Lions and the flow and actions of the water. Incredible photo and so very nicely done.

1 Like

Otters are adorable and like the other commenters have said you nailed the “awwwwwwww” moment. This also gets the love story award. I think this looks best in smaller format than in the large view. This is so cute that I have have to struggle to pull myself away from it.

Great image from 2020, Gary. This certainly has the cute factor with the otters touching noses and the details in their coats is amazing in the large version. I can see why this is one of your favorites!

All said above!! Absolutely wonderful! 11/10.

Thank you, all, for your comments :slight_smile: For those who missed it and would like to see “the rest of the story”, here is the post of 10 sequential photos of this private affair.

Otter Love

I remember this series, Gary. It was a wonderful opportunity and you exploited it to the fullest. Great image.