Ovenbird

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 600mm f4 (1/800 sec at f6.3, Iso 2500) Topaz DeNoise AI, Levels, Crop for Comp, Increased Canvas size and did an elliptical vignette to darken upper part of BG, Curves adjustment on midtone luminosity mask with layer set to multiply. Ovenbirds are a ground hugging warbler and was surprised to find this one in a flooded area oif forest…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful shot, Jim. Superb detail in the ovenbird-the first specimen I remember seeing posted here. I didn’t know they had that gorgeous little topknot. Well done.

1 Like

Wonderful catch. Like your use do DOF to highlight the bird.

1 Like

Great look at the bird in its environment. IQ looks good, but I think you might have a touch of motion blur (only a touch, though). I don’t have any shots of these. Need to look down more!

Jim, this is a cute little guy. I am not familiar at all with the Ovenbird. Nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

Good pose and detail and the environmental aspect adds to the image.

1 Like