Pacific Tree Frog

I happened to be walking past our pond the other day and spotted this little frog on the bracken fern. There wasn’t any completely open avenue to get a shot, hence the out of focus foreground, which I find I like.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7Riv, Canon 180 mm f3.5 macro with Vello adapter, tripod with gimbal head (I was in a hurry, so I was improvising), f/11, 1/200, iso 2000, manual exposure, manual focus. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5154x3668. Taken at 7:40 AM on August 3rd.

1 Like

Wonderful capture, Dennis. I like the oof foreground as it provides nice natural framing for this little fellow. Nicely done.

Dennis, what a cute little guy. So glad you spotted him. Lot of green on green, so he was pretty much camouflaged. I’m good with the oof on both sides of him. Like @linda_mellor said, it frames him nicely.

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Who can resist a tree frog shot. The texture and the OOF vegetation provide a nice frame for the subject. A very nice comp–Well done…Jim

Sweet! A classic shoot-through, and color-coordinated at that.

Great frog image, Dennis! The OOF green framing adds to the quality of the image.

Dennis: A great find and a fine capture. I like the '“crammed” look and think it works well. Top notch shot. >=))>