Party Crasher

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/30 @ f22
I was shooting water lilies at the Mercer Arboretum Monday and just noticed this little turtle hanging out on one of the pads. I liked the patterns on the shell especially. I would have liked a tighter shot but I was getting ready to leave when it started raining and I was too lazy to put the 70-400 and extension tubes on. Anyway, I thought it was another fun shot. All comments welcome. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I actually like this as a nice environmental shot rather than a tighter shot, Bill. And the different shades of green is really pleasing to the eyes. The patterns and lines are really great, and you captured wonderful detail of him. I like how you captured him aiming right down the line on the lily pad. I like everything about this shot. :+1::+1:

No need for different lens and extension tubes. Great as is.

Really nice Bill. I like the composition as is. Wonderful patterns on the turtle as you mention. Nice techs too - fine DOF. Very well done!

Bill, this is a great look at this little turtle. As you say, the shell pattern really stands out. While you could crop this to make it more of a portrait, I like the extra space and the “item” in the upper left (is that the leaf center??). They add nicely to showing off it’s world.

Beautiful patterns on the shell, Bill, and I don’t think it needs to be any tighter. I like the context provided by having a bit of the water lily showing and I love the composition.