Peach Colored Dahlia

The dahlias are back! Returned to my normal processing of a slight vignette and soft focus in NIK…

What technical feedback would you like if any? Does the comp work?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Crop, levels, NIK soft focus, NIK vignette filter (white). Taken with SX60, F5, 1/500 sec., ISO 400 at 24mm.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is gorgeous, Patricia. I am thoroughly enjoying the soft pastel colors, and the nicely sharp image of all of the pedals where it is needed. Great composition as well. The softness to the left edge keeps my eyes from wondering from “the subject”. :+1::+1:

Patricia,

Pure elegance and beauty. Wouldn’t change a thing. Beautiful work.

Lon

Patricia: Drop dead gorgeous! Superbly crafted image.>=))>

Beautifully elegant image, Patricia! The only minor nit I can come up with is that I’d lighten that dark green triangle on the center-right edge to match the other slivers of background, such as the one that meets the top-right corner. It pulls my eye a bit. Otherwise I can see no way to improve the image! The dreamy natural reverse-vignette effect pulls me into the flower’s center.

Absolutely exquisite!

Lovely Patricia! No nits here!