"Perico Bay Moon"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/125 sec @ f/11, ISO 400, 250mm on Tamron G2 150-600mm lens

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very peaceful scene. Thanks for sharing

This is a wonderful photo Doug! Well done. My suggestion, which is in the totally subjective category, would be to lighten it just a bit, like so:

1 Like

A really good image in my mind. Well conceived and constructed. It conveys the magic of a night with the full moon. The graceful gentleness of the branches adds to the magic. It’s as though Tinkerbell will appear at any moment.

Doug, I love the feel of this image. As Igor said, it captures the magic of the moon in the forest. To me, the moon is perfectly placed. I do think Tony’s edit is nice, but I like yours as presented too. Certainly another valid option.

Thank You Gents! I like the lighter version too. It was predawn, and the trees were much darker than even my version…but I didn’t have to maintain the predawn look necessarily. I DO like the lighter version as well.

There’s more latitude in darker trees than lighter since once you cross into too much illumination of trees it will distract from moon. And those who view may have levels of screen illumination all over the scale, even if their color balance is correct.

Another thing which can be played with when showing a full moon is the contrast and texture of the moon.

I like this just the way it is!

YES, thank you Richard. I agree with tinkering with more detail in the moon. It shot a little soft on the focus side, as I was moving pretty fast to another venue, and wasn’t paying attn…so I brought out what I thought I could. But I love sharp moons with lots of detail. :slight_smile: