Photo printing and paper

I have never printed my photos before. I am entering a competition at the local wildlife refuge and need advice on the type of paper and finish I should use. I am planning on using Bay Photo to print the images. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nick, your choice of paper may be governed by the rules/guidelines of the competition. I’d check that out first.

Since you’ve not done any printing, it would be a very good idea to have BayPhoto make (say) 3 small test prints of a single image on the papers of your choice. In doing so, you will see which paper best suits your needs, along with any ‘processing for print’ you may need to do.

Images on paper will have a different look than they do on the screen, so you may have to make some adjustments with your editing software to get the best print.
–P

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Preston. I’ll have to do that.

Avoid shiny papers that reflect things in the room when you are looking at the print. It’s also why I don’t use glass.
The best you can hope from a printer is that they will reproduce exactly what you gave them. You could post an image here for some kind of pre print review if you like. Maybe accomplish one successful print with a printer, see how it goes, before you send them a batch. GL

2 Likes

Thaks Steven. I just might do that.