Picasso's Horse -- Blue Period :)

![Picasso’s Horse – Blue Period :slight_smile:

Earlier version below

I was out on the hard lava at the shore of Kauai looking for seascape scenics, when I saw at my feet an odd extrusion of one kind of lava through the cracks of older (or just softer) lava. Took the image, and when processing, I realized that I had discovered the long-lost Picasso’s Horse.
Earlier versions of this suffered from the busy background of the older lava, so in this version, I blurred it; I like the effect of depth … but it is less than 1 cm shallower.

Earlier image included for comparison and to help solicit suggestions.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does the whimsy of the image entertain you? Any suggestions most welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5Diii EF24-104 f/4 58mm 1/10 erroneously high ISO
tripod using its post as an arm to point the camera straight down.

knudson633

Dick, I am sorry I missed commenting on this one. Blame it on old eyes and a dark image. :grinning:

It is always interesting what we can find at our feet to point the camera at. I visited the Big Island of Hawaii several years ago, but we were in a hurry, and I was more worried about twisting my ankle than looking for photo ops below my feet. I’m glad you found an interesting subject. Shapes and lines are always interesting to me. I think I actually like the second one the best. By blurring the older lava, it does call attention to the new. I don’t have any suggestions to offer.

Dick: Good eye to see this. I appreciate the different processing tacks you took. Not sure which I prefer but do like how your blurring isolates the horse a bit better. Nicely done. >=))>

This looks like stained glass! (I suppose hardened lava is similar to glass in some respects!).
I like the later version due to its bolder blue color. Amazing that you saw this. Your macro radar eyes were really tuned in! Well done!