Pied Crow

As a light rain had begun to fall and most of the action had subsided, I captured this crow just after it had jumped up with a morsel it had scavenged from the ground below.

Pied Crow, Vulture Hide, Zimanga Private Game Reserve, South Africa

D500
500mm f/4
1/250s @ f/5.6
ISO 1600
-1/3EV
Gitzo w/ WImberleyII
LR/PS/Topaz AI Clear/ Topaz Sharpen AI

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback appreciated.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

1 Like

Top notch, Chuck. It’s hard to complain about anything. Maybe a touch of room behind the bird but that’s not too big of a deal for me. I really like the falling rain and if I can wish for something, I wish the bird has that wet look on him but that is an almost impossible feat.

Great shot, Charles. I really like the perch he is on, and the nice soft background. That little morsel of food he has on his beak is a bonus.

Nice picture Charles. Not much to complain about but I think I should prefer a little bit more DOF.
Some clues what kind habitat it is but not sharp ofcourse.

I like this, Chuck. I do agree with Adhika that a touch more room on the right would be nice. Was that perch really this red? It just seems like an odd color for dead wood.

Wonderful shot. Everything is right on. I especially like the perch. It looks like the crow is standing on the head of some kind of prehistoric bird.

Really excellent shot Chuck!!! I agree with Adhika. I might try to increase the exposure a tad on the face by a contrast adjustment. I am really enjoying the BG color on the larger view.

Excellent capture, Charles! Good composition, great detail and the little bit of food is a nice bonus.