Pilgirmage

Sony A77
Sony 70-400G @ 360mm
ISO 200, 1/3200 @ f5.6
Great Sand Dunes NP
On our first day at GSDNP we arrived at the park entrance in the early afternoon of Sunday Memorial Day weekend. It was jammed and took us over an hour to get to the entrance station. It was super windy though so there were fewer folks than I expected on the dunes. However the conditions did not dissuade these hardy souls from trying to make the trek to the top. I liked the implied motion of the hikers and the movement of the sand. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

That’s quite the trail of people meandering through the frame, Bill. The variety of textures in the sand along with the size of the trekkers makes for a nicely dramatic image as it tells a good story.

Very nice, Bill. I like that you are shooting down the hill, with the “tiny people”. Like Dennis said, the textures of the sand and the trekkers really tell a good story.

I love the sinuous line of the trail + people! It does give this a sense of motion.

Sweet image, Bill. the snaky path of the trail adds to the sense of motion and I like what looks like an old slide on the left.

Very nice, Bill! The point of view really provides a sense of 3D depth, especially in the large version which has much more presence. The line of trekkers demonstrates some current action while the sand slide demonstrates some previous action. Nice job with the exposure and composition also.

Impressive little specks of color on a monochromatic background