Pinesap triple

Here are some additional images of the pinesap I found on the trail near my house. I can’t seem to make a landscape orientation work well with these guys. Maybe next year.

It wasn’t terribly windy, but enough to make bracketing & stacking a little difficult. For the extreme close-up I chose the focus points manually, but the others used the camera’s focus bracketing function.

Specific Feedback Requested

The first photo’s background is a bit cluttered and I painted in the most blurred background of the stacked source images. It was growing on a small mound at the base of some trees with deep leaf litter after a night of rain.

The macro isn’t perfect either, but I thought it would be a good way to show the flower detail even if it isn’t as crisp as it would be if I could have used bracketing.

The third is a slightly older plant that has been pollinated. I did two stacking attempts because the first was really awful. I suspect the flower moved to much during capture.

Any ideas for improvement are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
All shot with the G9 and the Leica 45mm f/2.8 macro on the tripod with natural light. Stacking done in Zerene - PMax output. Processing in Lightroom before and after stacking to manage tonalities, white balances etc.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like