Pink Cosmos

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D, Tamron 55-200 @ 70, 1/1000 @ f 7.1, ISO 400.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Reworking an old shot of a cosmos and bud in an herbaceous border.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Cosmos are among my favorites. Not only are they beautiful, but they also just keep coming back year after year. Inclusion of the bud really makes it.

Hi Ian! lovely Cosmos image! The lighting and color are right on, and the background works well for me. Nice work!

Ian: I feel like a broken record commending you on your mastery of natural lighting but one has to recognize excellence. Normally a BG like this could be considered messy but the luminance you chose makes it complementary instead of distracting. I hope you’re able to get out soon but it looks like you’ve struck gold in your archives again. >=))>

I like the beauty of the flower and the textures, colors and shapes in the background. They work nicely to give a sense of environment. Well done.

Hi Ian, yes, the lighting certainly makes this beauty stand out. Nice and sharp with lots of detail and it has just enough of an angle to make it more interesting. BG not a problem here. The little bud is a bonus, so thanks for sharing.