Plover - Eye to Eye

As I get older it is becoming more and more difficult to lie down on the sand and photograph these cute little fellas - but it was fun

I wish that it’s right wing was spread out a bit more - I guess I have to go back out there again!

Specific Feedback Requested

anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Great softness and motion in this one. That just makes it all the more cute. Glad you suffered the low position for this. The water dropping off the wing (I don’t mind the position) is a great addition. Is there a discolored band through the middle or is it just me? Seems a bit greenish/yellowish.

I am looking at it in LR after your observations - don’t see it. But I increased the exposure by 1/3 stop - looks better. - thanks @Kris_Smith

A beautiful image, Karl. I’m not seeing the band Kris mentioned. As for the wing, I like this position, though spread out would also be really cool. It seems there a re a lot of us that find getting back up from that prone position something of a challenge these days.

Hi Karl, nice pose and I like the wing position. Nice that the bird is angled toward us. Fine details too. well done.

Thanks @Allen_Sparks , @Dennis_Plank
I don’t see that band but increasing the exposure just a little does help.

Going to challenge my back again sometime soon!

Really good job on the composition, exposure, and point of view. The depth of field is perfect. Please include the important EXIF data in the future…

Since you insist, I will try to remember :slight_smile: And thanks David