Pond Life

I went to the Forest yesterday, it was nice and cool there, we sat by the pond for awhile, could’ve stayed all day. I loved the ripples being made by the wind, it made the baby salamanders and the rocks look wavy and kind of abstract.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does this work as an abstract? Anything else

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
300mm
1/800
f/6.3
ISO 800

apani.hill
1 Like

Absolutely yes. What an unusual and interesting image. I like how the blurry shapes of the salamanders almost mimic the ripples in the water. There is randomness here, but it is also organized at the same time. The processing of exposure/color/contrast looks great, rich and vibrant but not overdone.

You should have posted this in Wildlife not Landscape, just kidding :smile:

1 Like

Yay! I’m so glad you like it @Ed_McGuirk ! I wasn’t sure where to put it! Should I change it to wildlife? I don’t want to get in trouble!

Ed wrote a terrific critique, Vanessa. Yes, it works as an abstract. At first glance, I wasn’t sure what the objects in the water were; floating leaves? The subtle changes in color caught my attention, first. One could imagine many different scenarios, here. Nice work.

1 Like

I was making a joke, it is fine to leave it here in landscape, no need to worry.

1 Like

Thanks @terryb for looking! I’m so glad you like it!

I thought you were joking but just wanted to be sure! :slight_smile:

Nice abstract Vanessa…I have to try some water abstracts, looks like fun

1 Like

Thanks, @Mario_Cornacchione! I just was watching the wind create all these neat looking ripples and had to try capturing it!

Good job seeing this Vanessa. A subtle scene made beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks @Mark_Muller, I wanted to just be there all day! It was such a perfect day!