Poppy #1

Taken this a.m. of a poppy in my garden. It is a variety unknown to me. A happy surprise.

Specific Feedback Requested

All critiques welcomed.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Taken with Canon SX60 . 1/100, F4.5, ISO 160 handheld.

8 Likes

Wow! I think this is stunning! It looks like the moment after an explosion, with all the energy emanating outward. Well done!

2 Likes

Hi Patricia - glad to see you’re still working with flowers. This is so sharp and bright, I love it. I’d like to have more of the inner darker color - looks like the edges are clipped a bit. Maybe a touch more room on the left? Otherwise, what a bullseye!

Very nice. The pistal and stamens of poppies are always a strong subject and deserve crisp sharpness. I like the angle of attack.

I agree with @Kris_Smith that more inner color would be agreeable.

Namaste

Mark, Kristen and Paul. Thanks for your comments. I intentionally set it at an angle in this image. Have many more where the pistal and stamens are centered that I may post later. Thanks for looking.

Pat: Spiked my :scream:-meter with this one. Great color palette and I like the comp and play of light and shadow. Marvelous! >=))>

This is pretty and really well done.

Beautiful image, Patricia. As mentioned above, the photo could benefit from a bit more of the darker petal colors, specifically on the left hand side. The stamen and pistil are certainly the star, but a bit more area of that gorgeous color in the petals would frame the center perfectly. Lovely textures, beautifully seen.

All said above – I’ll repeat the WOW!! It does have a wonderful punch! Hope to see some variations!

Wow! This one forced me to look at it. So compelling and striking image! Lovely colors. sharp anthers forming a circle around the stigma. Great capture and presentation.

Wow! This is a beautiful closeup! And I love how you can see the pollen on the bottom.

I love this. the color and comp are very engaging. I have a lens that will let me get this close, but getting the light and comp and plant and insects to cooperate is quite hard. This inspires me to keep trying.

1 Like