Portraiture 2

Folks,

Here is another that I got to process, with the concept of minimalism.

6DII, 180 Tamron, 1.4X, 12 MM ext, F10, Av -2/3, 1/200, ISO 6400

Balan Vinod

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Now that side view lets me know better what kind insect this is, Balan. You had me on the first one, I didn’t have a clue. I have mixed feelings on this though. I am kind of wishing you weren’t in as close so that I could see the front leg attached to the body. I know that it is, it just feels unattached to me. Might just be me. I do like the head tilt so that his little antennas point toward the top right corner. I wish that brighter section of the background wasn’t there, but when we are shooting in close like this, and trying to get straight on with the subject to keep all of it in focus, it is not easy to watch the background, or at least it isn’t for me. I have missed many a shot because, even though I managed to get everything else right, the background ruined the shot for me. I do like your mantas shots. Keep them coming!

This view also looks good, Balan. I do agree that significant burning-in of the bright area in the background would be good. In fact, you could also try just “painting” it black.

1 Like

Balan: I like this profile and how the color shows well against the black BG. Me three on darkening the light BG area. >=))>