Prothonotary Warbler Nesting

Hi All,

Shot this a couple weeks ago at a local state park. Light levels were a little low due to overcast skies, and the resulting image was pretty noisy, which is why I kept the crop loose. I also kind of liked the environment around the nest. Didn’t want to get closer to the nest because I didn’t want to disrupt it.

In post, I cropped in a good bit, burned some brighter leaves in the background, reduced noise on the BG, and sharpened the bird. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D850
700mm, tripod
1/400
f/5.6
ISO 2000

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@feelingruby

1 Like

Hi Lyle
The overall noise is well controlled, as you stated the lighting is flat. I like the peek-a-boo action and over it is a pleasant looking photograph.
Peter

Excellent color and saturation levels. Good detail. Interesting perch and background. The only thing I might do is crop to the tree on the right side. But it’s okay this way too.

Very good, Lyle. I like the inclusion of the entire tree trunk (or what’s left of it) and the bird is nice and sharp. The background worked out beautifully. The only thing I might change is to remove the lighter spot near the left edge and about the same height as the warbler-as minor as it is, it just grabs my eye.