Pruned the roses

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

3 Likes

Well seen and processed. The complete blossom surrounded by loose petals tells a sad story, but a lovely one.

1 Like

Wonderful image.

The depth of focus is spot-on, creating a multi-layered narrative that the upper speaks of the rose petals on the bush, then the middle immediacy, and the lower what will come.

Namaste

Hi Ben, love the name of the image. It adds so much to the story!

I like the interplay between the two colors and the isolation of the flower. For me it creates this sad beauty emotion.

A few things you might want to consider is to place the flower on the golden ratio or right third line. I feel that those two spots make for a strong composition.

Second thing would be to reduce the saturation of the green. It’s intensity is competing with the subject’s color intensity so they end up competing with each other.

Other than that think this a fantastic theme that you could continue to do a lot with!

1 Like

Ben: Well seen, composed and captured. I love the concept and the execution with your DOF/POF choice. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like

@Kris_Smith , @paul_g_wiegman , @Bill_Fach , Thank you for these nice positive comments,
and @Michael_Torkildsen for your remarks from witch I learn.

2 Likes