Queen Anne's Lace closeup

I was trying for something a little different with these photos. I wanted to have the flowerlets out of focus and dreamy, but have the backbone in focus. I’d love to hear any feedback.

Lens: 100mm macro (crop sensor)
f/5.6; 1/160 s; with flash forced; ISO 100

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Gaurav, it is always good to experiment and try new ways of doing things. For me, the second image would be my choice of the two, I think, although I do like that in the first you have the purple flower. Be interesting to see what others say. Sometimes I get too narrow minded on things. Hopefully you will get some other feedback, and maybe even some suggestions on one or both of the images.

Gaurav, the second image looks like it’s getting what you were looking for. For me, the first one is too much blur and not enough focus. In the long run it’s about getting what you were hoping for. There’s an “old standard” in flower photography that says an odd number of flowers makes a stronger image. That’s not always true, but it does work pretty well. Based on that, I be interested in a slightly pulled back view, so that the third cluster of stems is also in the view.