Question about processing for posting to YouTube

I created a slideshow for YouTube and just uploaded it to YouTube this morning. This was my first effort uploading something on YouTube. From reading articles before creating it, I took away that the resolution should be 1920 x 1080 @ 72 dpi for optimum viewing on most platforms. I created the show in Movavi Video Suite 18 and saved it as an MP4. I sized the images at 1920 x ~ for horizontals and at ~ x 1080 for verts. I processed the images at that resolution and sharpened as I normally would for posting on the web. I sharpened the images using one of three ways, using either NIK output sharpening, Topaz AI Clear, or Topaz AI Sharp. Viewing it, I was VERY displeased with the sharpening on many of the images. I viewed it on my desktop, my laptop, and on our main TV in the living room. It looked far worse on the TV than on the desktop or laptop. Some images looked fine, but others looked WAY, WAY oversharpened. It didn’t seem to matter which camera was used or which sharpening method was used, the oversharpening was sprinkled throughout regardless of camera or sharpening method.

Has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone have any suggestions for a better way of processing for YouTube?

Here’s a link to the upload - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GaPRMBDYFY

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Bill, I’m not seeing the over sharpening you describe. I have slow connectivity, however, so not a good judge of that.

The one comment I would add is to slow down. These are landscapes. Let each image leave a full impression before moving on. I would increase the time for each image by at least 50%. These are such beautiful images. But tranquil images require a tranquil presentation.

Thanks, Igor. It seems the sharpening issues are mainly when viewed on a TV monitor and someone explained why yesterday, and there’s very little I can do about that. It has to do with the TV signal being very compressed or something like that.

Thanks for the “slow down” suggestion. I had pretty much come to that same conclusion after first watching it myself. Currently, each image shows for 5 seconds. I had thought of moving it to 7 seconds, but after getting your suggestion, I may change to 8 seconds.

Thanks for your help and advice!
Bill