Raising a storm

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 24-105 mm; ISO 500; 1/640 sec. at F 4.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I really am enjoying this image, Jagdeep. The cloud of dust that he has kicked up that hides all but his front half really makes this shot. Perfect timing, and perfect shutter speed to get the dust in motion, but to stop the movement of the elephant. I really like the clump of grass on top of his head as well (it came with the dirt he had thrown on himself, I am guessing). He sure is raising a storm. :+1: :+1:

Love this shot Jagdeep, but for me the action is located in a square crop. The back half isn’t adding much to the overall “experience” for me, but the shot is nonetheless trememendous. As I downloaded this, I guess more of a 4:5 as noted below.

Wow! He is raising a storm cloud of dust! A dust bath, I guess? An impressive capture of an impressive animal, perfectly timed and executed.

Best,
Terry

Thank you friends ! Thank you Jim for your vision.

An excellent, dynbamic shot that really captures the moment, Jageep! The large version is particularly nice as it has much more presence.