Red Crested Pochard

Female of Red Crested Pochard taking off.

Thank you so much for your kind comments & views!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; ISO 200; F4 at 1/2500 sec.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A nice high energy take-off shot of the female, Jagdeep. Detail in the duck is excellent as is the lighting. I’m ambivalent about the out of focus male, but it would be awful difficult to remove cleanly.

Beautiful light and nice takeoff action you’ve captured Jagdeep. I think with the light you had you might have increased your ISO and stopped down a few stops to capture the drake in better focus while still retaining your speed.

Superb clarity on the hand but I’m in agreement with others regarding the Drake.

What an awesome action, Jagdeep. The background is amazing and I actually don’t mind the drake here. I don’t find it distracting and I think it adds a little more depth to the image as well.

Excellent detail in the female taking off and the water splash is great. I like the water and background. I don’t particularly mind the oof drake, as the female and trailing water are the main subjects.