Red-legged Grasshopper--Melanoplus femurrubrum

Description: This morning was a photo session dedication to patience and waiting. This is a small red-legged grasshopper perched on chicory,

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D850 200mm f4 Micro (1/160 sec at f16, ISO 800) Levels, Briughtness & Contrast, Topaz Denoise AI, full frame.
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram

jameszablotny(@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

1 Like

The colors, details and comp. are outstanding, Jim. Now you just have to grind the chicory to drink as you munch on the hopper… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Jim, this is a nice balance in composition, with the Grasshopper on one side of the stem, and the bloom on the other, and a nice smooth BG. Wonderful details in the Grasshopper.

1 Like

Wow Jim, I even see the tiny hairs. The background was perfect and the overall comp. After almost 12 inches of rain in AZ there are a million insects now so I need to get back into the photo scene again. Great Photo !!!

1 Like

Gorgeous photo, Jim! I love all the details of the grasshopper and just all the colors, bg, flower, hopper are so beautiful together!

1 Like

Jim: Simply marvelous capture of the intricate details on this guy. Terrific perch as well. Most excellent. >=))>

1 Like