Reflections in Stream

Description: Fall colors in trees reflecting in moving water. Rotated 90 degrees clockwise.

Specific Feedback Requested: Should I remove the leaf?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon SX50, F5, 1/125 sec., ISO 1250

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

5 Likes

The colors are really eye-catching and I like the way the density of reflected branches goes from tighter to looser left to right. That one floating leaf is a great counterpoint although I think it could be a little toned down in exposure. What a treat for the eyes!

I really love this, Patricia and I think the leaf adds a nice touch of realism on an impressionist looking scene.

This is lovely, Patricia. If it were mine, I would not remove the leaf, because at least for me, the leaf adds a third dimension. The colors all works so well and the diagonal lines add rhythm and energy. Very nicely seen and captured.

I love this one! Fantastic colors and composition. It is like you have poured artist´s colours into the water now mixing! Only a very minor issue, but I cannot made up my mind regarding the floating leave. In one way it adds to the interest, but in another it reduces the impact of the color mixing.

Really nice relection abstract. I quite like the leaf in there but agree with Kristen about maybe burning it just a touch. Really well seen and executed.

Patricia, this reminds me of spilt paint on a blue floor. Such a great image. Well done.

Wow, this is very eye catching, Patricia. I love the bold red color and the shapes and lines are very mesmerizing. The diagonal placement is perfect. I think I might like it better without the leaf, but it looks like it would be tough to clone it out, so I would at least tone it down a little. Great eye to spot and this bold scene.

I think the colors and shapes here are fantastic!! I agree about the reservations about the leaf, but if it didn’t clone out well, I think it could be selected and its exposure brought down quite a lot.

Stunning image! My vote is get rid of the leaf.