Rhododendron II

It’s day three on a bike ride on the Great Allegheny Passage Trail thorough the Allegheny Mts, and the Rhododendron has been spectacular. With my desktop computer I have to rely on the iPhone & Lightroom Mobile.

Specific Feedback Requested

I pulled back on the Clarity and Sharpening on this image. Any reactions are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Incredible! I’d suggest a gradient burn on the leaf exiting the LR, and maybe a tweak of bringing up the whites, but those are minor nits.

I love it. Ah big rhodies are something I miss. So magical and jungly to be around them. In addition to Diane’s suggestion, I would try lifting the whites a little - maybe with dehaze to keep them from being too crispy.

Biking. What a great way to travel. I like the composition with the large leaves at the bottom leading up to the flowers. I would also like to see the flowers a bit brighter. I imagine it might be tough pp’n on an ipad if ambient light affects the screen at all. I am also not sure if LR Moble would let you clone out a spot or two. That is such a nice light and mobile set up.

1 Like

Thanks @David_Leroy ! The ride was great! I do the Cumberland, MD to Pittsburgh, PA annually and often ride other trails around Western PA. The Cumberland to Pgh is the Great Allegheny Passage. It’s 150 miles and much of it is through the Allegheny Mts. To be precise, it’s truly “through” the mountains, not over them. The Casselman and Youghiogheny Rivers have cut water gaps through Negro Mountain, Laurel, and Chestnut Ridges. Most of the time it’s riding a tunnel of green, and there are small towns scattered along the route. It’s formerly the route of the Western Maryland and the Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroads.

LR mobile WILL allow cloning. It also has a healing brush. Adobe is adding more and more features and with the Apple Pencil on an iPad it makes post processing easy. The version of PS is also growing with features. With the M1 upgrades to the iPad Pro post processing will be easier and easier.

Namaste

That sounds like a lovely bike ride Paul. And also good to hear about the continued improvement in mobile processing.