Ring-necked Pheasant

While not a native of America, it has certainly adapted well and naturalized in some areas. This is from Eastern Oregon where they have definitely naturalized.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held from truck, f/10, 1/640, iso 640, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5535x3847. Brought down the brightness of the background a fit and increased that of the bird as well as some microcontrast adjustment. Used the healing brush to eliminate several extra bright grass stems.

Beautiful bird, Dennis, with great detail and colors. Your post processing looks great, the background does not compete with the bird and the bird has just enough color is be the focal point. Very nicely seen and captured.

Excellent job on image quality with this crop. The exposure, detail, lack of noise, and color saturation are superb. I remember seeing quite a few of these pheasants when I was in the Malheur area. They are a very pretty bird.

Back in the day, I spent many a day afield, hunting these birds in Kansas and Nebraska. Those days are over, and I now just enjoy them for their beauty which you captured well, here, Dennis. The grass looks so natural, and you caught the bird struttin’ his stuff. Very nice.

What an incredible bird! I like the color and how you handled the BG!