RIP Ian Wolfenden

I’m sad to report that @Ian_Wolfenden has left us on December 8th. Ian was diagnosed with incurable renal cell carcinoma this fall. I learned this from a colleague of his who knew the NPN community was extremely important to him in his final years and wanted to let us all know. He was cared for at home by local friends.

You can view Ian’s lovely flora and tree images here https://community.naturephotographers.network/u/ian_wolfenden/activity/portfolio

2 Likes

Oh wow, Ian will sure be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Thank you for letting us know, @David_Kingham.

3 Likes

Very sad news. Ian was an inspiration to many of us. His images were always excellent. He will definitely be missed.

2 Likes

Very sad to hear that. RIP, Ian.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. Ian was such a good photographer and a true gentleman.

2 Likes

Oh no. It’s always sadder when it’s sudh a surprise. It’s so unexpected. You associate the man with those vibrant images he always posted and now this. Sorry to hear this.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this. I did not know Ian well, but he always had thoughtful, encouraging words when he commented on my images.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about Ian’s death. He will be missed.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this sad news about, Ian. Along with his numerous very fine floral posts… :blossom: was of course his stately trees too… :deciduous_tree:
RIP…Ian.

2 Likes

Very sad news and a huge loss to the community indeed. May he rest in peace.

1 Like

It makes me feel very sad after I heard about Ian. Loved his images and was glad to see his rose in the finals gallery for 2020. …Jim

3 Likes

Very sorry to learn of this. May Ian rest in peace.

It’s truly amazing how so many of us have never met, but we are all touched by nature’s imagery. I will always be grateful for Ian’s images. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear of Ian’s passing. He was an excellent flower photographer and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed his posts. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. He will be missed here at NPN. I do hope that he knew he was in the running for a yearly pick, and ended up being honored.

2 Likes