Rock Art Abstract

Colorful rock formation at a dried-up thermal spring in Yellowstone National Park. The area pictured is about 1 foot across.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D750, 70-200/4 Nikkor at 155mm, ISO 100, 1/60’, f/16.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@GregVaughn

This is quite appealing. I love the colors and textures. The purples & blues against the oranges are beautiful.

Thank you Bonnie. Those colors and lines sure caught my eye. The only challenge was to frame for a pleasing composition.

Greg, this looks great. It’s a fine, flowing abstract with excellent, subtle colors. In a view like this, getting the right stuff in the frame is always a challenge and you’ve met that challenge very well.

Thank you very much, Mark. I really appreciate your comments.

Very interesting and arresting photo. Nice flow through the image. Textures and patterns are wonderful, as is the color palette.

Thank you Chris. I hope to run into you out in the field some day!

Greg: A fine find and a very pleasing comp and capture. I especially like the pastel color palette and the textures. Well done. >=))>

Thank you, Bill. Much appreciated.

Beautiful detail. Well seen and captured.
Grt, Ingrid.

Thank you, Ingrid! I appreciate your comments.