Ruby Rocks Portknockie

A letterbox of clear sky beneath a blanket of grey cloud was all that could be seen of the hoped for sunset at the westerly horizon close to sun down at the stacks around Portknockie in Moray. I couldn’t see how the sun could fail to drop beneath that blanket so I waited for 15 minutes and for three minutes crimson blood red light streamed beneath the cloud layer and bounced its way betwixt sea and sky staining guano covered bird pooh rock and it’s iconic brother Bowfiddle Rock like hot coals in a grate. Twas stunning against the steel coloured sea and swirling spray.

Really like the mix of warm and cool colors. SS adds some nice texture to the water. Like those two gulls on the right enjoying the light show.

Ian,

What a great sky and the warm cool works really well for me. At first glance I thought that was a dusting of snow on the rocks, bird pooh INDEED! I am curious what was further right and your choice to show only the small portion of the right most red rock? That is a nit, this works quite well as presented.

I love the alpen glow on those rocks Ian. That strip of red, orange, and yellow id delightful. Hope all is well.