Rufous Hummingbitd

Rufous in my yard away from the feeder but not feeding on my Crocosmia.

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

iso 1250, 400 plus 1.4X, f5.6, 1600th, 60% full frame
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

3 Likes

Sweet, David. Great wing position and a nice angle. I’m not sure how you changed your process, but your more recent images have much smoother sharpening than you were getting a few months ago. The plumage is looking very natural yet still sharp.

Nice capture, David. I tried to catch a Ruby-throated yesterday that was hovering like this near my Salvia, but I messed it up. Tough shot of these quick-moving little rascals with good details. Nice work.

Hi David,

This image has a nice glow to it with vibrant colors. The sharpness of head and body are perfect with a hint of motion blur in the wings. Composition would be improved with some element of context, but that’s for the next image. A nice capture indeed…Jim

Hi David, nice in flight image with good sharpness in the body and pleasant wing blur. Complimentary background. Well done.