Running start!

Golden crowned sparrow on another part of my fence.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All right, this is way over processed. I probably should have shot this at a faster shutter speed. So I used Topaz AI sharpen locally with a brush, used Topaz De Noise AI, and use the Photoshop sharpening brush locally. The head of the bird was slightly blurred. Maybe it is acceptable now but I haven’t seen the Topaz products work as well as they show do on their website. Based on what I have seen from Topaz with their sharpening product, I haven’t come close to getting their results. Stabilize tab seems to work the best from what I have seen. Anyone else have any comments about their products?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details: iso-2500, 100-400 at 400 mm, F8, 2000th, A7R4

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I certainly see why you wanted to salvage this one, David. The action is great. I haven’t really played that much with the Topaz AI products, though I own the ones you mentioned. My computer really is pushing it to handle their computationally intensive software and the few tries I’ve made with it haven’t been any significant improvement over the older software I’m using. One thing you might try is the motion blur cleanup in Photoshop. It came out several iterations ago and I saw someone on NPN use it a time or two, but it didn’t seem to make much of a splash. You have to figure out the direction of motion, but I seem to remember it doing a fairly respectable job for linear motion blur.