Sabaday Falls

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Nice take on Sabbaday. I like the color and processing. I would be tempted to do a 4x5 crop. JMHO

1 Like

Looked at the 4X5 crop. Took a little off the left side with no ill effects. If I were printing it I would have to agree with you.

Great scene, well managed regarding luminance and color…though I say that having never been there. I like Michaels crop and prefer that better…brings more balance to the image. Would make no other recommendations or changes.

Hi Kelly, This is a lovely image and looks like a beautful location. I do like the suggestiion of the 4x5 crop that @Michael_Lowe suggested. I feel it helps concentrate the trees at the top of the image while also drawing you closer to the falls. It also helps frame the arc of rock round the lower falls nicely.

Personally I feel that the yellows and some of the greens are verging on the ‘radiant’ side. I would play with the HSL sliders here just to tone back the colours, especially the yellows, slightly. I find the patch of green yellow to the upper right of the falls pulls your eye a bit due to the brightness.

In terms of the rest of the processing I think you have handled it nicely. I also think the ss you chose for the waterfall works well. There is a good emphasis on the flow but also kept a nice texture.

Eugene

I grew up in New Hampshire, and know this waterfall well. The more traditional version of this shot is straight on the falls. But I like that you tried something different here by moving to the right, and getting a more diagonal flow to the water than a straight on shot would. This view also shows more of the interesting details in the rocks to the left of the falls.

I do prefer the composition tweaked with the crop done by @Michael_Lowe, I think it helps tighten things up a bit. I also think adding a vignette along the frame edges would help, especially with the right and bottom.

Ok guys took all suggestions from above. Here is new file.