Sandhill Crane 1

Made this image from a car stopped at a light. They seem to just walk around South FL like they pay taxes.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Not sure of the Background

Technical Details

Lumix S5

Hi Steve, kind of a painterly feel to this image to me with soft background and textures. Also with the bird looking away from us gives this a pensive mood to me. Along those lines it is a fine image even though I would prefer a better look at the face and eye.

2 Likes

They’re just checking up on the invasive species (us). Pretty cool to get one from a car, they’re not common in our neck of the woods. I like the lighting and the pose and crop. The looking away head turn grows on me.

2 Likes

I like the texture of the background. It’s a different and interesting pose and like Dennis, it kind of grows on you.

1 Like

I don’t have sand hill cranes local to me (just Canada geese!). I am always amazed by their red eye and forehead. I think this is beautiful…I love this pose, colours and textures. I think the background is wonderful. Looks like gold leaf in a painting.

2 Likes

Thanks, Everyone
Your thoughts mean a lot to me.
I have said this before I know very little about birds but I have always loved them. I think of them as models so I fear true birders will not like them.
Steve

1 Like