Sandhill Crane Portrait

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Dark spots in the grass were cloned out.

Cropped about 50%. Nikon D5, 500mm PF, 1/1600 sec at f/5.6, ISO 640
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.!
1 Like

A lovely portrait of the crane. I like the nice space all around the head. Lots of lovely soft colors and the splash of rusty red feathers on the bird are a real nice feature.

The enlarged version of this image is excellent. Detail is spot on as is color and background. I don’t think I’d make any changes.

The details are excellent, off the charts… Looks like Bosque?

Superb detail, Sharon. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the feather fringes in the body plumage in a photograph of this species before. A sweet background as well.

A lovely portrait of this crane, Sharon. Amazing details.

Yes, I was there last weekend. I little different right now. The main crane ponds hadn’t been flooded and this made it a bit hard to get flight shots.

I thought so, that BG is just so nice, one small thing I might do is blend that streak right above the bill.
Easy fix on a beautiful Portrait.

1 Like